Welcome to Taking Guard, a sports opinion website. As a sports fan, I like to have a say, just like the sporting athletes, coaches and other identities.
* “If winning isn’t everything, why do they keep score?” NFL coach Vince Lombardi
* “Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing.” NFL coach Vince Lombardi
* “You can’t put a limit on anything. The more you dream, the farther you get.” US Swimmer Michael Phelps
* “Hockey is a sport for white men. Basketball is a sport for black men. Golf is a sport for white men dressed like black pimps.” US Golfer Tiger Woods.
* “I am building a fire, and everyday I train, I add more fuel. At just the right moment, I light the match.” US Footballer Mia Hamm
* “A lifetime of training for just ten seconds.” US Sprint king, Jesse Owens
* “If you think it’s hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.” US actor Jack Lemmon
* “Sometimes in football you have to score goals.” French Footballer Thierry Henry
* “You can make a lot of money in this game. Just ask my ex-wives. Both of them are so rich that neither of their husbands work.” US Golfer Lee Trevino
* “I’m the biggest fighter in the history of the sport. If you don’t believe it, check the cash register.” Boxer Mike Tyson
* “Critics haven’t taught me my cricket, and they don’t know what my body and mind are up to.” Indian cricketer Sachin Tendulkar
* “I’m very sorry I made a duck, I’d have been glad if I’d made those four extra runs to have an average of 100. I didn’t know it at the time and I don’t think the Englishmen knew it either. I think if they had known it they may have been generous enough to let me get four” Australian cricketer, the late, great, Don Bradman